If you’re planning to bet on any platform, it’s always a good idea to check whether there are…
Melbet Rules and Terms
If you want to get into wagering without any previous experience, there are many things to consider. Some of them are more obvious than others. While things are generally easy to understand, it is impossible to overestimate the importance of understanding general terms, codes, and betting types.
And that’s precisely what we will explain in this article: the main terms and codes. We will focus on MelBet, a well-known international platform that operates in many African countries, including Kenya. The article will cover general terms, existing betting types, different codes, and a tutorial on placing a wager on the platform.
Up To 26,280 KES
MelBet Betting Types and Codes
MelBet is a well-designed platform that is packed with features. It includes various kinds of bets, additional features, and wagering markets. We will cover the features and major betting types later in the article, so now, let’s check out the markets you may find on the bookmaker. There are many of them, ranging from relatively simple and common ones to more specific options.
- Moneylines. Or 1×2. This is the most common type of market, and this is because of its simplicity: you just have to guess the outcome of the game. “1” stands for the home team winning, “2” for the away one, while “X” means that the game will end in a draw. “Home” and “Away” teams are listed first and second.
- Over/unders. It is also a common choice for many bettors: you must guess whether a certain number, usually a game’s total score, will exceed a set bar. In the case of “Over,” you’re betting that it will, while in the case of “Under,” you’re betting on it being lower than the set number.
- Handicap. This market involves one team or a player being put at a virtual disadvantage during the game. And they have to overcome it. Usually, this means having fewer goals than the opposing one. This type of market makes games where one team or player is significantly stronger than the other more fair and interesting.
- Both Teams to Score. This market is also quite simple: you are betting that both teams will score at least one goal each during the match.
- Total Even. By placing your predictions on this option, you are wagering on the fact that the sum of the total goals scored during the game by both teams will be an even number.
What Are Bets, Outcomes, and Cancellations?
We mentioned earlier that we would cover the general terms used by MelBet for wagering. This section covers precisely this aspect.
The bet is the prediction you’re placing on a certain result of the game. It involves risking some money. The sum will be multiplied depending on the odds that you win, or it will be lost if the bet is not a winner.
In the bookmaker’s opinion, the odds are the numbers that show how likely a market is to win. The higher the chances, the smaller they are. The odds directly influence your total winnings; basically, that is why you multiply your stake. So, in the end, if the market is not likely to win, the odds will be big, but your chances of seeing your returns will be smaller.
Outcomes have a simple meaning: the result of a match. Technically, it is a listing on the sportsbook on which the platform offers a bet. This can include a winner and an exact score, although things might be different for other markets. Either way, the result is something you are betting on.
The cancellations are when the events are postponed or canceled. In this case, special rules apply. As a result, the bet will be settled with the odds of 1.00.
MelBet Betting Kinds
Now, let’s look at specific betting types you can find on the platform. There are plenty of them, and we will cover the most important ones. Here they are.
The most common and easiest to understand betting type, the singles, do not have anything difficult about them. You are simply wagering on one market for one event. Calculating the payout is not complex either: just multiply your stake by the odds, and you will see your possible winnings.
These types of bets are more often called multiple ones. Another popular name is an “accumulator.” They allow you to place a wager on several events and markets but are riskier by design: if one is lost, the whole bet will follow. This is compensated with large payouts, but we still think that multiple bets are better left for professionals, so stick with the singles until you get more experience.
Promo Code Bet
Unfortunately, despite offering plenty of bonuses and promo codes, the platform does not provide any free bets related to such activities. The promo codes usually only provide additional bonuses on the service.
Up To 26,280 KES
How to Place a Bet
While the process of placing wagers is similar across the vast majority of betting platforms, the procedure is still worth taking a look at. Do not hesitate to read our separate article on how to bet on MelBet. Below, you can read the steps in short:
- Go to the website.
- Select the sport from the list of offered disciplines.
- Pick an event.
- Select the betting market.
- Check the odds.
- Load it into the bet slip.
- Enter a stake.
- Place or book a bet.
If you get tired of pre-match betting, you can stop worrying. MelBet allows you to place wagers on events as they happen. This is usually called “Live wagering”. It’s a rather popular feature that allows you to have a more thrilling experience while having some control over the betting procedure.
You can check the outcome of the game after it’s finished (unless you were specifically wagering on half-time or quarter-time results). If they match what you were betting on, you will win money and see the returns. Another way to get funds back without winning is to use the cash-out feature.
MelBet Kenya Minimum And Maximum Stake
Obviously, there are certain betting limits. The MelBet Kenya minimum stake is around 32 KES. It’s quite a low amount that allows one to try betting on the platform without risking significant funds.
The platform does not feature a set maximum amount for all games, so the limit differs per event. You can find that amount in the bet slip when loading a selection. From our experience, the number ranged from 42,000 KES to 54,000 KES.
Other Limits to Consider
Obviously, there are limits to transferring your money. If you want to deposit or withdraw your funds, then keep the lowest amounts in mind. The company does not specify the upper limit for any type of transaction, but let’s check the lower ones. The minimum sum you can deposit is 125 KES. The smallest amount to withdraw is 225 KES. Currently, these numbers apply to all payment methods.
While MelBet is a well-designed platform, you still have chances to run into issues. Some of them will be small, while others might be crucial to your experience. Either way, these things can always happen. What is actually important is whether the platform offers any support system for users in trouble. In the case of Melbet, the answer is yes: there is customer care with different communication channels. The workers will help you with any issue, as well as provide answers to the questions you may have.
Here’s how to contact it:
Understanding how things work on any betting platform is an obvious first step in learning how to interact with it. MelBet Kenya is not an exception, and that is why our article covered its general terms, betting codes, and types of wagers. As you can see, there is nothing difficult about it, so do not worry too much, even if you are a beginner at betting.
We also provided information on how to place wagers on the platform and covered existing betting limits, additional features, and ways to access customer care. Moreover, you can also check the most commonly asked questions.
- Visit the website or run the app.
- Find the “Registration” button and hit it.
- Pick one of a few sign-up methods: “One-click,” by phone, by email, or via social networks and messengers.
- Enter the required information.
- Hit “Register”.
- Congratulations, you are now a member of MelBet!
- Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, etc.)
- Go to the website or run the app.
- Log in if you have an account; register and deposit some money if you do not.
- Find the sport you wish to place your wager on.
- Pick an event.
- Take a look at the markets and select one.
- Check the bet slip, optionally add more selections if you want to place a multiple wager instead of a single one.
- Enter the stake, and make sure it’s within limits.
- Place or book a bet.
- Go to the website.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Find the “App” tab with iOS and Android buttons.
- Hit either.
- The platform will redirect you to another page.
- Clicking on the “Android” button will start the process of downloading the APK file.
- Simply install it.
- The iOS button will take you to the list of the instructions you must follow.
- Go through them, they involve changing your location in the Apple ID settings, as well as visiting the App Store to get the app.